Friday, December 11, 2009

30 days of joy + thanks - Day 16



Day 16 - Today I am thankful that Ali and I both survived the past 18 years. I thought for sure one of us would end up killing one or the other!! :)

Having an 18 year old and a 5 month old got me thinking this morning....when they are babies it sure seems like you can't wait for them to try the next new thing or reach the next new milestone, but then they start growing up it makes you want to stop the clock.
Since Ali is my oldest I think I probably made all of the parenting mistakes with her that a parent could possibly make however we both came out of it ok. Made my day when she called me Mommy this morning. That is just what I needed. See....today is a great day for Ali. She turns 18 and is a legal adult but for her Mom that just means a lot of new things for me to worry about. But hearing her call me Mommy this morning means I still have my little girl.
Happy Birthday Al Bug... I love you!!!! Try to stay out of "grown-up" jail. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment